Sunday, June 9, 2013

This Post Sucks.

You know what sucks? Besides lady bugs? I can't say "pop" out here. People giggle at me. And then I of course turn red cause I blush easier than... something/someone that blushes really easily. I actively have to pause and censor myself whenever I talk about SOOOODA. Soda. To be truthful, I didn't really realize that people have other words for it. Am I right, Chicago friends?

Have you guys seen this map? It's pretty damn entertaining. I was loling at it at work for an embarrassingly long time. It was 5:00 and I was over everything, so things just seemed extra funny, ok? Thanks to that map, my coworker so kindly pointed out that no one says "gym shoes." They're "sneakers." Is it just me, or does "sneakers" sound hella dorky? They're gym shoes. I mean where did the word sneakers come from anyway? You don't sneak around wearing them. There's nothing sneaky about them.

And if you ask me, the whole bags vs. cornhole debate should have made that map. I figured once I peaced out of Indy that I'd never hear it be called cornhole again. Unfortunately I was sorely mistaken. I've heard a few people call it cornhole on the East Coast. Don't people realize that cornhole means butt hole? Boom. Case closed.

I've also recently been made fun of for saying "washroom." Is that not a thing? I usually say bathroom, but I figured washroom sounded more polite for some reason. EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING TO SOUND NICE. 

Confession: I've been watching MTV's Awkward for like an hour. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment